Saturday, January 4, 2014

touching the hem

Beggars, thieves, low-life's, sick, diseased, ostracized, the people on the fringe.  They were the ones who interrupted Jesus and begged for attention, healing, hope!

I am but a beggar.

I am that woman, pressing in, believing that even a fingertip brush against his robe could bring healing.  

I am that man that was lowered through the ceiling, interrupting church, to receive what was being promised.

I am the leper, trying to get into the pool so I can be healed but reaching out to this stranger that has come to town speaking of life and performing miracles.

He brought promises and He is the promise keeper.  

I don't have to ask for His presence
I don't have to ask for rest or peace
I don't have to ask His provision and purpose.
I don't have to ask for healing.

Those things are mine already. They have been given! promised! mine!

All I have to do is reach out my hand and claim what is mine.  Like a gift, it has already been bought and wrapped and delivered.

Does that mean I will be healed? Yes! I will be healed, I am being healed.

Healing is a long process and my final call of remission may not be this side of heaven but I am being healed! 

What I want now is rest and peace...for me but also for you and my family. 

Reach out, stretch, lift your voice (even if it's just a whisper) step forward and put your foot on what has been promised to you.  

And if you see me doing the same then don't feel sorry for me that I am sick, rejoice with me that I am claiming my promises as I reach out toward the hem of His garmet.

"Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you" Joshua 1:3

3 comments:

  1. tears...tears of sadness and lack of understanding...but also inspired tears...I will reach out...and I will choose to rejoice with you..your faith is so encouraging to me....I read every word you write. you are walking holy ground and so I watch closely because I know that you are seeing Him more clearly...and we all want that too. seems such a paradox...death brings life. I feel privileged to walk even just at the periphery of your life...and to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for you and your writing. It's raw and real and filled with hope. I love how you're able to convey your thoughts, fears and love. You truly have a gift. Thank you for sharing yourself and your devotion to Christ... love you Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every word you wrote about claiming the gifts that are already yours quickened my spirit. Truth does that! Although I do not personally know you, I rejoice with you and give thanks for the peace beyond all human understanding that has obviously been given to you. Your writing is beautiful and will be a candle in the dark for many. You must know that people, especially Mom's, when reading your work, will be moved and inspired to continually lift your children up in truth and grace through prayer for all their lives or as long as your writing is in print. May His Peace continue to be your guiding truth. Cherylanne

    ReplyDelete